Noble and Aptar Pharma have combined their expertise to create the AdhereIT ® product platform to address patient adherence to self-injected medication.
AdhereIT® is available in two design options: the AdhereIT® 360 Base and the AdhereIT® 360 Clip to accommodate dexterity for a one-handed or two-handed injection process. The device precisely detects an injection event and provides real-time visual and audio feedback about whether the injection was performed correctly.
AdhereIT ® 360 CLIP
AdhereIT ® 360 BASE
AdhereIT® is a connected, intuitive user-friendly onboarding solution for the growing number of patients with chronic conditions who use autoinjectors to administer their medications on their own. AdhereIT® represents an evolution in patient adherence as it is the first fully interchangeable, connected add-on solution that can work seamlessly with a number of autoinjector platforms through its accommodation of modular inserts. In addition, AdhereIT® integrates with the existing software applications developed by the Digital Healthcare team at Aptar Pharma by pairing a patient’s autoinjector via Bluetooth technology to their mobile phone. The AdhereIT® onboarding platform also allows HCPs to monitor their patients’ therapeutic performance via a smart analytical dashboard, providing valuable patient-specific adherence behavior information.
AdhereIT® works with either an autoinjector training device or an actual drug delivery device to detect the beginning and end of a patient’s injection session. Users place the AdhereIT® device on the injection site, then insert and actuate either their training autoinjector or true autoinjector. Ultimately, AdhereIT® alerts patients when an injection is properly completed or when a wet injection—removing the autoinjector before the full dose is administered—occurs. This puts knowledge and power back in the patient’s hands.
AdhereIT® is also an invaluable tool during clinical trials in helping to lower development costs and assisting in speed to market.
In developing the next generation of patient adherence through AdhereIT®, Noble's deep understanding of patient anxieties—and the challenges in training and onboarding that come along with those anxieties—has paired well with Aptar Pharma's knowledge of digital health products to create the AdhereIT® platform. Aptar Pharma also provides tremendous benefits from its global manufacturing capabilities and regulatory expertise.
Learn more about Aptar Pharma's Digital Healthcare Solutions.
AdhereIT® allows patients to start right and stay connected throughout their entire injection treatment
AdhereIT® features clear, easy-to-understand visual and audio feedback, including:
- AdhereIT® integrated mobile app
- Real-time feedback to train users on correct self-injection
- Data that is stored and wirelessly sent to a mobile app
- A standalone design that does not need to be incorporated into the drug delivery system
An integrated app on a patient’s phone:
- Provides push reminders of injection dates
- Allows easy tracking and monitoring of therapeutic treatment including prescribed treatments, symptoms and more
- Provides a training video for proper injection technique
- Allows HCPs to monitor patient therapeutic performance
AdhereIT® helps improve patient adherence
Detection system precisely recognizes injection events with real-time visual and haptic feedback assisting patients with the injection process.
Surface contact and injection status to give real-time feedback on the correct injection steps whether in training mode or during the real injection.
Device pairing to an app via Bluetooth communication to provide patients with additional features (i.e. drug reorder, disease management instructional videos).
User compliance via data collection capabilities which enables HCPs to monitor patient performance and provides brands with real-world patient behavioral data.
Allows for use of AdhereIT® with several autoinjector device platforms.
Patents: # US9767708, # US10748449, # US10795973
Why this additional support is so needed:
- Patients did not receive proper training or spent inadequate time with an HCP
- Patients lack confidence during the self-injection process
- Patients feel high levels of anxiety
- Patients feel a lack of control in their treatment
Benefits for clinical trials:
- Monitoring of patients can easily be done remotely
- Data can be captured and aggregated quickly
- Minimize need for live visits and travel
- Study is decentralized and not site dependent
- Reduced drop outs due to noncompliance
- Speed to market, timelines can be reduced
- Reduction of false positives in the study
- Better patient experience, patients are active stakeholders vs. passive participants
- Medication errors are easily identified