Aptar Pharma, a leading drug delivery systems provider, announces its Platinum Sponsorship of this year’s Drug Delivery to the Lung (DDL) Conference 2019, which takes place from December 11-13 in Edinburgh, Scotland.
DDL provides an annual forum for scientists, academics, clinicians, regulatory and industry specialists involved in the development of inhalation medicines. Aptar Pharma will exhibit its broad respiratory portfolio and showcase its latest drug delivery innovations and services for respiratory devices at the three-day conference, which is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year.
A worldwide leader in respiratory drug delivery devices for the treatment of asthma and COPD, Aptar Pharma will exhibit at Booth 432 at DDL, where its team of experts will showcase its innovative range of respiratory drug delivery systems and connected devices that help improve adherence and patient health outcomes.
Noble International, a global leader in drug delivery device trainers and patient onboarding and the latest addition to the Aptar Pharma family, will also be on exhibit at Booth 432, where it trainer platforms for respiratory devices to help improve patient adherence and health outcomes will be on display.
Also exhibiting alongside Aptar Pharma at Booth 432 will be Aptar CSP Technologies, the active packaging specialists, who will be on hand to explain how its patented 3-Phase Activ-Polymer™ platform technology can provide innovative solutions for protecting respiratory products from moisture, oxygen and VOCs in order to extend shelf life and improve their performance.
Aptar Pharma’s newly expanded Aptar Pharma Services platform will also be highlighted at DDL 2019. Leading experts from Aptar Pharma companies Nanopharm, Next Breath and Gateway Analytical will be on hand to discuss how their value-added services can help customers accelerate and derisk their drug development journey:
- Nanopharm, a leading provider of orally inhaled and nasal drug product design and development services, will exhibit at Booth 518
- Next Breath, a full-service cGMP lab specializing in analytical testing of drug delivery systems, will exhibit at Booth 516
- Gateway Analytical, providing industry-leading particulate detection and predictive analytical services, will exhibit at Booth 514
To further share its expertise in respiratory drug delivery with the scientific community, Aptar Pharma will be presenting five scientific posters during DDL 2019. Delegates and attendees will have the opportunity to view them during the dedicated poster sessions, which will take place daily at the conference:
- “Method Suitability for Actuation Force Study for Unidose Nasal Sprays” (Poster No. 12), presented by NextBreath, an Aptar Pharma company
- “Investigating the Effect of Nasal Suspension Rheology on API Particle Size and Dissolution Properties” (Poster No. 29), presented by Nanopharm, an Aptar Pharma company
- “Investigating the Regional Deposition and Simulated Inhaled Pharmacokinetic Profiles of Generic Dry Powder Inhalers” (Poster No. 57), presented by Aptar Pharma and Nanopharm, an Aptar Pharma company
- “Describing the Dissolution of a Poorly Soluble Inhaled Corticosteroid Using a Mixed Kinetic Control Model” (Poster No. 66), presented by Nanopharm, an Aptar Pharma company
- “Leachables Measurements from Hydrofluoroalkane 152a Metered Dose Inhalers” (Poster No. 79), presented by Aptar Pharma
Guillaume Brouet, Vice President Regulatory, Analytical & Scientific Affairs at Aptar Pharma, commented, “As a leader in inhalation drug delivery systems, we are proud to be a Platinum Sponsor of DDL this year. We look forward to showcasing our expanded Aptar Pharma device, technologies and services offering, which provide complete solutions for customers and further support their respiratory drug development journeys.”
Aptar Pharma is also a sponsor of the special DDL 2019 dinner celebrating DDL’s 30th anniversary, which will take place on Thursday, December 12 and to which all delegates and exhibitors are invited.
About Aptar Pharma
Aptar Pharma is part of AptarGroup, Inc., a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative dispensing, sealing and active packaging solutions for the beauty, personal care, home care, prescription drug, consumer health care, injectables, food and beverage markets. Aptar uses insights, design, engineering and science to create innovative packaging technologies that build brand value for its customers, and, in turn, make a meaningful difference in the lives, looks, health and homes of people around the world. Aptar is headquartered in Crystal Lake, Illinois, and has over 14,000 dedicated employees in 18 different countries. For more information, visit www.aptar.com/pharma.